Monday, September 13, 2010

Fashion Week



What to say about fashion week? It is exciting! I don’t know if I can say more than that. To be able to see what designers are planning on having out for next year as well as seeing some of the “out there” designs that make you think gets me super excited.  


The picture to the left is Lela Rose and one of my favorite pieces I saw while looking through designers lines. There were also layered pieces over it, like sweaters, as well as the necklace she is wearing in the picture. The color is what got my attention right off but how much I feel you can do with the dress also made me continue to keep coming back to it.
The colors in this line by Lela Rose were beautiful. They are pieces I can't wait to be able to own myself.
http://www.style.com/fashionshows/review/S2011RTW-LROSE
Please take the time to look at all the great fashions that Lela Rose showed this year.





My favorite color right now in fashion is navy blue. Tommy Hilfiger is all about navy as well and always has been. I personally liked that all his navy's are a long the same tone so the line flowed smoothly even though not everything was all navy. Some only had a touch.
After looking through all his pieces it made me want to go shopping as well as take a vacation. To me having clothing take you some where is a great thing! Tommy did that for me.
http://www.wwd.com/fashion-week/spring-ready-to-wear-2011/review/tommy-hilfiger-rtw-spring-2011-3260561?city=new-york#
Have a look at his line on Womens Wear Daily and see if it gives you the same feeling!







After looking at the clothing the other thing that I wanted to talk about was fashions night out.  I had heard about this event before but I feel like this year it was made a bigger deal than other years. It is held on the Friday of fashion week. After working in retail for the last few years I have seen first hand how much the fashion industry needs help. Making a night to look good and go out and shop to help encourage full price shopping is how the Fashions Night Out website explains the event. It is held through out the world at all different stores.
On Tuesday, Septemeber 14 on CBS they are going to have a special on the night. Please visit the website to learn more http://www.fashionsnightout.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment