Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Business Classy

With our 27 Mannequins and Career Center presents Taking Care of Business fashion show is quickly approaching as well as graduation around the corner, all I've been thinking about is business fashion. I have always loved the classy, polished, put together look but have never had a place to really wear it. Picking out stuff for my mom and dad to wear to work was the only real way I have been able to express my favorite looks until the last few years where I have worked in an environment that allows to express that passion. Here are a few looks I love!
I love layers on men and women. Men wearing layers is something that I feel is becoming more popular in the last few years. With the layers being offered in my lighter fabrics so that wearing layers isn't just to keep warm. The outfit to the left is a look from Banana Republic. The argyle sweater with a woven button up and dress slacks are a good way to dress for work without having to wear a suit.


 Even thought I feel that this skirt is too short for a work environment I think it has a great concept for an outfit if the skirt was a little longer. The boot with knee high socks or tights, a skirt, and a sweater with button up layered under. Practical while still keeping the current style. I feel like many of these piece could be used in different ways as trends and fashions change. This outfit is also from Banana Republic.











This is the traditional suit but in a color that isn't seen that often. I like it because the change in color from black or navy that are seen very often on men. I also feel like this suit could be paired with a lot of different colors as well as dressing it up with just a tie and a button up or dress it down with a sweater.This suit is from J.Crew.

This look is a little dressier. But paired with a black or even tan suit jacket could make it more of a day to night look that would be great for work day that has plans after. I love the color. I feel that it would look good on almost every skin tone. Even adding tights to this look could change it up. It is a very visual piece which I think is a great attention getter. This dress is also from J.Crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment