Saturday, October 30, 2010

Taking Care of Business Press Event

The day of the press event started early for me. I had been stressed out a little about getting all our final pieces together to help be a part of a great event for 27 Mannequins. The t-shirts were the biggest deal for the marketing team. We had sent in our t-shirt information a month before we actually needed them and then the week before we were suppose to get them we got an e-mail telling us that our logo's weren't opening on their computers. Since we have been working as a team to get all of our marketing done, different people had different parts of the marketing. Getting the logos changed into the format that they told us to use in a quick turn around was a challenge. I personally felt bad in class when everyone was disappointed about not having the t-shirt the day before the event but it was hard to explain that the company we choose to work with waited till the last minute to check our logos. In the end though I felt that the t-shirts looked great and all of the class wearing them at the event looked great!

I got to the event for the second half. I guess I honestly expected there to be more people besides our class. I don't know if I just missed the press being there. But I thought the point of the event was to get our fashion show out in the Muncie area.

Overall though, I felt that Ashley had the room set up very nice and the food was great. She really had made a welcoming environment for people to learn what our class has worked so hard to bring together. I hope that all the efforts of marketing as well as the press event will get people interested to come to the fashion show that we have worked so hard to put on along with the Career Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment